We are making ourselves available to help pro bono as sounding boards or thought partners to organizations that are trying to figure out how to scale essential services or address the challenges of virtual collaboration in view of the constraints presented by the Coronavirus.
This includes both co-founders of the Billions Institute, Becky Margiotta & Joe McCannon, as well as some graduates of our fellowship program who have specific areas of expertise in health care, human services, philanthropy, education and virtual collaboration among others.
All of our events at the Billions Institute are on hold for the next few months, so you will not be imposing if you give us a ring. Please email email@example.com if you want to take us up on this offer.
Meanwhile, please be safe and stay home if at all possible and be good to yourselves. As my friend Nicole Hockley reminded me this weekend: “Distance is needed but connection is needed even more.” The main reason I created the Billions Institute is so that nobody leading social change has to do so alone. If there is anything we can do to support you in navigating this global crisis, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Becky & Selena
p.s. close your eyes and imagine what penguins would look like going down the stairs. It’s even better than that…click here to see for yourself.
p.p.s. If somebody sent you this email, sign-up here to receive weekly inspiration and practical pointers on leading large-scale change.
Unleashing Social Change Podcast Season 2 is Out!
- Christine Margiotta, my wife and Executive Director of Social Venture Partners Los Angeles, on shifting their model from charity to justice.
- Dimitry Anselme with Facing History and Ourselves about teaching history as a way of bolstering our fragile democracy.
- Jason Marsh with the Greater Good Science Center on spreading research-based practices that advance happiness and well-being.
- Kate Hilton with the Institute for Health Care Improvement on getting out of your own way as a leader.
- Helen Smith, Forensic Psychiatrist with the National Health Service about taking the fear out of the system to unleash massive creativity.
- Gerry Balcazar and Hugo Ramirez from Vision y Compromiso on building movements of love and support around children
- Sasha Rabkin from Equal Opportunity Schools on bringing equity to AP/IB classes.
- Jake Maguire from Community Solutions on what happened after the 100k Homes Campaign ended. If you stick around til the very end you will get to hear him tell me a hilarious story that cracks me up to this day.
- Chris Chatmon from Kingmakers of Oakland on transforming schools to work for black and brown boys.
- Bruce Nilles from the Rocky Mountain Institute on climate change as an equity issue and why your natural gas appliances are no good.
- Peter O’Driscoll from the Equitable Food Initiative about how they’ve worked with the entire food production cycle to get healthy produce and fair wages for everyone.
- Arfon Williams, a General Practitioner in Rural Wales about how he responded to the crisis of being the only doctor around for hundreds of miles.
- Parvathi Santhoosh-Kumar, Vice-President of Equitable Results at StriveTogether, about how they’re working with dozens of communities to go from proof points to systems transformation on behalf of children everywhere.
- Tema Okun, Duke University, Facing into your own Racism with Courage and Love.